15 Recent Hospital Mergers & Acquisitions
1. Mayo Clinic Care Network Adds St. Elizabeth Healthcare
Cincinnati-based St. Elizabeth Healthcare joined the Mayo Clinic Care Network operated by Rochester, Minn.-based Mayo Clinic.
2. McKenzie Health System, Marlette Regional Hospital to Affiliate
McKenzie Health System in Sandusky, Mich., and Marlette (Mich.) Regional Hospital are working toward a joint affiliation agreement.
3. HealthPartners, Park Nicollet Health Services Merger Clears Antitrust Review
The proposed merger between HealthPartners in Bloomington, Minn., and Park Nicollet Health Services in St. Louis Park, Minn., cleared federal antitrust review.
4. Ashland Community Hospital in Oregon to Partner With Asante Health System
Ashland (Ore.) Community Hospital selected Medford, Ore.-based Asante Health System as an affiliation partner.
5. Banner Health, Maui Memorial Medical Center May Affiliate
Maui Memorial Medical Center in Wailuku, Hawaii, is considering an affiliation with Banner Health in Phoenix.
6. Norton Healthcare, Clark Memorial Hospital to Explore Partnership
Norton Healthcare in Louisville, Ky., and Clark Memorial Hospital in Jeffersonville, Ind., signed an agreement to explore a potential partnership.
7. Clifton-Fine Hospital in New York Seeks Partner
Clifton-Fine Hospital in Star Lake, N.Y., is searching for a larger hospital in the region to partner with, in hopes of gaining financial strength and better services.
8. University of Maryland Medical System, CHI Expect to Close Acquisition Dec. 1
University of Maryland Medical System in Baltimore expects to complete its acquisition of St. Joseph Medical Center in Towson, Md., Dec. 1.
9. Halifax Health, HMA Renew Interest in Merger With Bert Fish Medical Center
Halifax Health in Port Orange, Fla., and Naples, Fla.-based Health Management Associates filed letters of interest to merge with Bert Fish Medical Center in New Smyrna Beach, Fla.
10. 2 Oklahoma Hospitals Become Eastar Health System Following Capella Healthcare Acquisition
Following the finalization of Franklin, Tenn.-based Capella Healthcare's acquisition, Muskogee (Okla.) Community Hospital and Muskogee Regional Medical Center became Eastar Health System.
11. San Luis Valley Regional Medical Center, Conejos County Hospital to Merge
San Luis Valley Regional Medical Center in Alamosa, Colo., and Conejos County Hospital in La Jara, Colo., signed a letter of intent to merge administrative functions under San Luis Valley Health in Alamosa, Colo.
12. University Medical Center, University of Louisville Partner With KentuckyOne Health
University Medical Center in Louisville, Ky., and the University of Louisville announced that they entered a partnership bringing together University Hospital and the James Graham Brown Cancer Center with KentuckyOne Health in Louisville.
13. Alameda County Medical Center Forms Funding Deal to Preserve San Leandro Hospital
San Leandro (Calif.) Hospital and Alameda County came to an agreement for the future of the hospital and its emergency room, but Sutter Health in Sacramento, Calif., which owns San Leandro, still needs to agree.
14. Altoona Regional Health System Continues Talks With Nason Hospital, Other Large Providers
Altoona (Pa.) Regional Health System and Nason Hospital in Roaring Spring, Pa., continue discussions aimed at developing an integrated, county-wide health system to serve the Blair County region.
15. Piedmont, WellStar Announce Collaboration
Atlanta-based Piedmont Healthcare and WellStar Health System, also in Atlanta, announced a partnership to create the Georgia Health Collaborative.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.