10 Things to Know About Thibodaux (La.) Regional Medical Center
Thibodaux (La.) Regional Medical Center is a federally owned regional medical center, offering specialized services such as heart surgery, radiation oncology and neurology.
Here are 10 things to know about Thibodaux Regional Medical Center.
1. Greg Stock serves as CEO.
2. Steve Gaubert serves as CFO.
3. The hospital has 185 beds.
4. Thibodaux Regional has more than 900 employees and 111 active staff physicians along with 115 consulting and specialty physicians.
5. In 2011, the hospital had 2,300 inpatient surgeries, 2,800 outpatient surgeries, 600 births and 31,800 outpatient visits, according to the American Hospital Directory.
6. The hospital first opened in 1929 as St. Joseph Hospital. After a new facility was built, the hospital reopened as Thibodaux General Hospital in the 1960s. In 1996, the name of the hospital officially became Thibodaux Regional Medical Center to reflect the holistic care provided there.
7. In 2012, the hospital received its third consecutive Outstanding Patient Experience Award from HealthGrades.
8. In 2011, the hospital recorded $426.4 million in gross charges and a net income of $18.2 million, according to the American Hospital Directory.
9. In 2012, the hospital was listed on Becker's Hospital Review's "100 Great Community Hospitals" list.
10. In 2012, Thibodaux Regional received a Press Ganey Summit Award for sustaining a high level of patient satisfaction for three or more consecutive years.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Phoenix Children's Hospital
10 Things to Know About Utah Valley Regional Medical Center
10 Things to Know About Newton-Wellesley Hospital
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.