10 Things to Know About The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center is an academic medical center in Columbus, Ohio, on the main campus of The Ohio State University.
Here are 10 things to know about The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.
1. Steven G. Gabbe, MD, is the CEO of Ohio State's Wexner Medical Center.
2. The CFO is C. Michael Rutherford.
3. OSUWMC has 951 beds and encompasses six hospitals and Ohio State University's College of Medicine.
4. OSUWMC has 16,820 employees.
5. OSUWMC recorded gross charges of $4.5 billion and a net income loss of $30.5 million in 2011, as reported by the American Hospital Directory.
6. OSUWMC discharged 47,394 patients in 2011. The hospital performed 20,400 inpatient surgeries, 12,000 outpatient surgeries and 4,000 births last year. There were 169,600 outpatient visits in 2011.
7. Ten specialties at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center are ranked by U.S. News & World Report's America's best hospital rankings.
8. The origin of OSUWMC dates back to 1834 with the founding of the Willoughby Medical University of Lake Erie in Willoughby, Ohio. Willoughby moved to Columbus in 1846.
9. The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center was formerly called The Ohio State University Medical Center. It was renamed in February 2012 in honor of Leslie H. Wexner (pictured right), one of the university's most committed leaders and benefactors.
10. Ohio State's Wexner Medical Center was named the best place to work in central Ohio by Business First in 2011.
Correction: A previous version of this profile stated that The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center had 6,820 employees. The correct amount of employees is 16,820. We regret the error.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.