10 Things to Know About St. Joseph Mercy Hospital Ann Arbor
Here are 10 things to know about St. Joseph Mercy Hospital Ann Arbor.
1. Rob Casalou is the CEO of St. Joseph Mercy Ann Arbor.
2. Kathy O'Connor serves as the vice president of finance and controller of the hospital.
3. St. Joseph Mercy Ann Arbor has 537 beds
4. The hospital has 3,302 employees, as reported by the American Hospital Directory.
5. St. Joseph Mercy Ann Arbor recorded $1.6 billion in gross revenue and a net income of $30.5 million in 2010, as reported by the American Hospital Directory.
6. St. Joseph Mercy Ann Arbor discharged a total of 29,862 patients in 2011. The hospital performed 12,800 inpatient and 20,800 outpatient surgeries as well as 3,900 births last year. Additionally, the hospital had 166,800 outpatient visits last year.
7. St. Joseph Mercy Ann Arbor was named as one of the nation's top 100 hospitals by Thomson Reuters in 2012.
8. The hospital opened Nov. 21, 1911 as St. Joseph's Sanitarium.
9. Physicians at St. Joseph Mercy Ann Arbor performed a groundbreaking heart valve replacement procedure in September 2012. The procedure used the Edwards SAPIEN Valve, and is for the treatment of adult patients who are not candidates for open-heart surgery.
10. In 2011, St. Joseph Mercy Ann Arbor was named as one of the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the nation by Thomson Reuters.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About French Hospital Medical Center
10 Things to Know About Major Hospital
10 Things to Know About Lankenau Medical Center
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.