10 Things to Know About Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas
Here are 10 things to know about Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas.
1. Carl Etter serves as senior vice president and chief executive of Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas.
2. Sharon Creal serves as the hospital's vice president of finance.
3. The hospital has 158 beds.
4. Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas has 1,000 employees, 550 physicians and 250 volunteers.
5. In 2011, the hospital had 2,900 inpatient surgeries; 2,700 outpatient surgeries; 1,500 births; and 33,800 outpatient visits.
6. In 2011, the hospital recorded $650.7 million in gross charges and more than $24 million in net income.
7. Since 1978, Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas has served the growing communities of San Diego's coastal North County.
8. In 2012, the hospital received an America's 100 Best award and a Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence from HealthGrades.
9. The hospital was San Diego County's first World Health Organization-designated "Baby-Friendly" hospital.
10. Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas is undergoing a series of improvements as part of Scripps Health's regional vision to invest $2.3 billion across San Diego County. The plan includes an expanded emergency department, additional private and inpatient rooms, increased availability of medical specialists on the hospital campus and more accessible parking.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About South Nassau Communities Hospital
10 Things to Know About Monroe Community Hospital
10 Things to Know About Scripps Mercy Hospital
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.