10 Things to Know About Saint Thomas Hospital
Saint Thomas Hospital in Nashville, Tenn., is a member of Saint Thomas Health, a faith-based, non-profit care system in Middle Tennessee.
Here are 10 things to know about Saint Thomas Hospital.
1. The CEO of Saint Thomas Hospital is Dawn Rudolph.
2. Pam Hess serves as the CFO.
3. The hospital has 541 beds.
4. Saint Thomas Hospital has 750 affiliated physicians.
5. The hospital recorded a $1.2 billion in gross revenue and a net income of $33.8 million in 2010, as reported by the American Hospital Directory.
6. Saint Thomas Hospital discharged a total of 22,593 patients in 2011. The hospital performed 11,700 inpatient and 6,500 outpatient surgeries last year. Additionally, the hospital had 55,100 outpatient visits in 2011.
7. Saint Thomas Hospital was named as one of the top 100 hospitals in the nation by Thomson Reuters in 2012.
8. Saint Vincent de Paul and Saint Louise de Marillac originally founded the Daughters of Charity in Paris. In 1898, Thomas Sebastian Byrne, the fifth Catholic Bishop of Nashville, Tenn., asked the Daughters of Charity to establish Saint Thomas Hospital in Nashville.
9. The hospital received an "A" grade in hospital safety from The Leapfrog Group in 2012.
10. Saint Thomas Hospital was ranked first in Tennessee for safety by Consumer Reports in 2012.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Major Hospital
10 Things to Know About Lankenau Medical Center
10 Things to Know About French Hospital Medical Center
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.