10 Things to Know About Saint Thomas Hospital
Here are 10 things to know about Saint Thomas Hospital.
1. Dawn Rudolph serves as president and CEO.
2. Pam Hess serves as CFO.
3. The hospital has 541 acute-care beds, including 40 critical-care, 80 special-care and 140 telemetry beds.
4. Saint Thomas Hospital has 1,700 employees and 750 affiliated physicians.
5. The hospital has approximately 21,300 total admissions per year and 32,000 emergency room visits per year.
6. Saint Vincent de Paul and Saint Louise de Marillac founded the Daughters of Charity in Paris, France. In 1898, Thomas Sebastian Byrne, the fifth Catholic Bishop of Nashville, asked the Daughters of Charity to establish Saint Thomas Hospital in Nashville.
7. In 2012, Saint Thomas Hospital received a Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence and a Patient Safety Excellence Award for the third consecutive year from HealthGrades.
8. In 2011, the hospital recorded $1.1 billion in gross charges and a net income of $33.7 million, according to the American Hospital Directory.
9. In 2012, Saint Thomas Hospital was included in a list of "100 Great Community Hospitals" by Becker's Hospital Review.
10. In 2012, the hospital earned distinction as a Thomson Reuters Top 100 Hospital for the 11th time.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About McKee Medical Center
10 Things to Know About St. Vincent Carmel Hospital
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.