10 Things to Know About Russell Medical Center
Russell Medical Center in Alexander City, Ala., is a non-profit, acute-care facility.
Here are 10 things to know about Russell Medical Center:
1. L.E Peace III is the president and CEO of Russell Medical Center.
2. Tim Thornton is the CFO of Russell Medical Center.
3. Russell Medical Center has 81 beds.
4. There are about 650 employees and 50 physicians working at the medical center.
5. In 2011, Russell Medical Center recorded $172 million in gross charges and a net income of $906,333 according to American Hospital Directory.
6. In 2011, Russell Medical Center performed 900 inpatient surgeries, 5,900 outpatient surgeries, 400 births and 31,600 outpatient visits.
7. Russell Medical Center won an Everest Award in 2011, one of only six hospitals nationwide to receive this award.
8. Russell Medical Center opened in 1923. It was accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Hospitals in 1959.
9. Russell Medical Center was named one of the 100 Top Hospitals for 2011 by Thompson Reuters.
10. In January 2012, Russell Medical Center announced a new joint venture business with University of Alabama Health Services Foundation in Birmingham. This partnership, UAB Medicine – The Cancer Center at RMC, is designed to enhance cancer care in the region.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles10 Things to Know About The Christ Hospital
10 Things to Know About Inova Alexandria Hospital
10 Things to Know About The Nebraska Medical Center
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.