10 Things to Know About Pocono Medical Center
Pocono Medical Center in East Stroudsburg, Pa., is an acute-care facility serving the residents of Monroe and surrounding counties.
Here are 10 things to know about Pocono Medical Center:
1. Kathleen Kuck is the president and CEO of Pocono Medical Center.
2. Michael Wilk is the CFO Pocono Medical Center.
3. Pocono Medical Center has 235 beds.
4. The hospital has more than 1,900 employees and more than 200 physicians.
5. In 2012, Pocono Medical Center's total revenue was $260.3 million, and it recorded $8.77 million in net income, according to the medical center.
6. In 2011, the hospital performed 2,300 inpatient surgeries, 1,400 outpatient surgeries, 700 births and 44,800 outpatient visits, according to American Hospital Directory.
7. In 2012, Pocono Medical Center was awarded accreditation with commendation from the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer.
8. Pocono Medical Center has its origins in General Hospital, founded in East Stroudsburg, Pa., in 1915. It changed its name in 1988.
9. Pocono Medical Center is a Level III trauma center.
10. In 2012, Pocono Medical Center opened the $31 million Dale & Frances Hughes Cancer Center.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Aultman Hospital
10 Things to Know About Columbus Regional Hospital
10 Things to Know About Enloe Medical Center
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.