10 Things to Know About Palos Community Hospital
Palos Community Hospital in Palos Heights, Ill., is an acute-care facility serving the southwest suburbs of Chicago.
Here are 10 things to know about Palos Community Hospital:
1. Margaret White is the president Palos Community Hospital.
2. Hugh Rose is the CFO of Palos Community Hospital.
3. Palos Community Hospital has 436 licensed beds.
4. The hospital has around 3,057 employees and a medical staff of 552 physicians.
5. For the cost report period ending December 2011, Palos Community Hospital recorded $1.1 billion in gross charges and a net income of $29 million, according to American Hospital Directory.
6. In 2010, the hospital performed 3,916 inpatient surgeries, 960 births and had 48,346 emergency department visits, according to the hospital.
7. In 2012, Palos Community Hospital received the Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence from HealthGrades.
8. Palos Community Hospital opened in 1972.
9. In 2009, Palos Community Hospital's cancer program was granted a three-year accreditation with commendation from the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer.
10. Palos Community Hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Iredell Memorial Hospital
10 Things to Know About Iredell Memorial Hospital
10 Things to Know About King's Daughters Medical Center
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.