10 Things to Know About Miller Children's Hospital Long Beach
Here are 10 things to know about Miller Children's Hospital Long Beach.
1. Diana Hendel, PharmD, serves as CEO.
2. Suzie Reinsvold, MSN, RN, serves as CFO.
3. The hospital has 324 licensed pediatric and women's beds.
4. Miller Children's has more than 750 pediatric physicians, including pediatric specialists, sub-specialists, hospitalists and intensivists. It also has more than 110 pediatric fellows and residents, more than 450 pediatric registered nurses and nearly 100 physicians in its MemorialCare Center for Women.
5. The hospital has 8,000 pediatric admissions, 4,400 pediatric surgical cases, 23,000 pediatric emergency department visits, 84,000 pediatric outpatient visits, 6,000 births and 1,000 neonatal intensive care unit babies each year.
6. In 2011, the hospital had $898.3 million in gross charges and a net loss of $7.6 million, according to the American Hospital Directory.
7. Miller Children's opened in 1970 with 65 active pediatric physicians and surgeons.
8. The hospital is one of the 25 top grossing children's hospitals in America.
9. Miller Children's features eight centers of excellence with seven major inpatient care centers within the hospital. The centers of excellence include its neonatal intensive care units, pediatric surgery, pediatric intensive care unit, pediatric cardiology, general pediatrics, outpatient specialty centers, MemorialCare Center for Women and The Jonathan Jacques Children's Cancer Center.
10. The hospital is the major pediatric teaching hospital of the University of California, Irvine, including an extensive general pediatrics residency program and pediatric specialty fellowships and housing a satellite training center of California State University, Long Beach, for nursing education.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Saint Thomas Hospital
10 Things to Know About Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak
10 Things to Know About St. Joseph Mercy Hospital Ann Arbor
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.