10 Things to Know About Marshall Medical Center
Here are 10 things to know about Marshall Medical Center.
1. The CEO of Marshall Medical Center is James Whipple.
2. Laurie Eldridge serves as the CFO.
3. The hospital has 105 beds.
4. Marshall Medical Center has more than 1,200 employees and 190 affiliated physicians.
5. The hospital recorded $738.1 million in gross revenue and a net income of $6.2 million in 2010, as reported by the American Hospital Directory.
6. Marshall Medical Center discharged a total of 5,752 patients in 2011. The hospital performed 1,000 inpatient and 3,800 outpatient surgeries as well as 500 births last year. Additionally, the hospital had 111,000 outpatient visits in 2011.
7. Marshall Medical Center has received a "superior rating" on preventable readmissions, heart attack quality of care, breastfeeding rate and pneumonia mortality rate by the California Hospital Assessment and Reporting Taskforce.
8. Marshall Medical Center opened its doors in 1959.
9. The hospital is named for James Marshall, a pioneer who discovered gold a few miles north of Placerville, Calif.
10. Marshall Medical Center is planning on opening a new birth center before the new year. The new facility will feature all-private rooms.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Shasta Regional Medical Center
10 Things to Know About Mercy Medical Center–North Iowa
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.