10 Things to Know About Major Hospital
Major Hospital in Shelbyville, Ind., is part of Major Health Partners, which provides a full spectrum of healthcare services in southeast Indiana.
Here are 10 things to know about Major Hospital.
1. The CEO of Major Hospital is Jack Horner.
2. Ralph Mercuri serves as the CFO.
3. The hospital has 67 beds.
4. Major Hospital has 498 total employees.
5. Major Hospital recorded $190.7 million in gross revenue and a net income of $12.1 million in 2010, as reported by the American Hospital Directory.
6. The hospital discharged a total of 2,701 patients in 2011. Major Hospital performed 400 inpatient and 3,600 outpatient surgeries last year. Additionally, the hospital had 33,300 outpatient visits in 2011, as reported by the American Hospital Directory.
7. Major Hospital was named one of the nation's top 100 hospitals by Thomson Reuters in 2012.
8. The hospital is named after William S. Major, who specified in his will that his home would be given to the city of Shelbyville upon the death of his wife. Major Hospital opened its doors in 1924.
9. The hospital was named to Becker's Hospital Review's list of 100 Great Community Hospitals in 2012.
10. In 2012, HealthGrades named Major Hospital as one of the nation's 100 best hospitals for gastrointestinal care.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About French Hospital Medical Center
10 Things to Know About Lankenau Medical Center
10 Things to Know About Hennepin County Medical Center
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.