10 Things to Know About Kane Community Hospital
Kane (Pa.) Community Hospital is affiliated with UPMC Hamot in Erie, Pa.
Here are 10 things to know about Kane Community Hospital.
1. J. Gary Rhodes serves as CEO of Kane Community Hospital.
2. Angela Hadzega serves as director of finance.
3. Kane Community Hospital is a 31-bed acute-care hospital.
4. The hospital has approximately 160 employees.
5. In 2011, the hospital had 100 inpatient surgeries, 500 outpatient surgeries, 17,200 outpatient visits and 1,044 discharges, according to the American Hospital Directory.
6. In 2011, the hospital recorded $42.8 million in gross charges and approximately $400,000 in net losses, according to the American Hospital Directory.
7. Kane Community Hospital began as The Woodside Cottage Hospital in 1887. In 1971, the hospital became known as Kane Community Hospital.
8. In 2012, the hospital's Breast Imaging Center was designated as an Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology's Commission on Quality and Safety and the Commission on Breast Imaging. The designation means that the hospital provides imaging services at the highest standards in the radiology profession.
9. KCH hosts hundreds of free blood pressure clinics each year in many local communities, holds flu shot clinics, hosts community fairs/expos and supports 12 Community Blood Bank drives annually — six at the hospital and six in the community.
10. In 2012, the hospital was one of 51 hospitals with the lowest 30-day mortality rates for pneumonia from July 2008 through June 2011, according to data from CMS' Hospital Compare database.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Shasta Regional Medical Center
10 Things to Know About Jupiter Medical Center
10 Things to Know About Mercy Medical Center–North Iowa
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.