10 Things to Know About IU Health Methodist Hospital
Indiana University Health Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis is part of Indiana University Health System.
Here are 10 things to know about IU Health Methodist Hospital.
1. As president and CEO of IU Health, Dan Evans oversees IU Health Methodist Hospital.
2. John Kohne, MD, serves as COO of the hospital.
3. IU Health Methodist, IU Health University Hospital and Riley Hospital for Children have 1,733 beds combined.*
4. IU Health Methodist, IU Health University Hospital and Riley Hospital for Children, both also in Indianapolis, have 10,750 employees combined.
5. In 2011, IU Health Methodist, IU Health University Hospital and Riley Hospital for Children had 25,100 inpatient surgeries; 45,600 outpatient surgeries; 5,400 births; 320,600 outpatient visits; and 57,317 discharges, according to the American Hospital Directory.*
6. In 2011, IU Health Methodist, IU Health University Hospital and Riley Hospital for Children recorded $5.28 billion in gross charges and more than $142 million in net income, according to the American Hospital Directory.*
7. IU Health Methodist Hospital's history dates back to 1910.
8. In 2012, the hospital was named one of America's 100 Best Hospitals by HealthGrades and received a Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence from HealthGrades.
9. IU Health Methodist is home to the Fairbanks Center for Medical Ethics, one of the few clinically-based medical ethics centers in the country, and home to the IU Health Methodist Hospital Research Institute, which conducts outcomes-based research to understand how medical practices, health policies and healthcare spending affect the quality of patient outcomes.
10. The hospital has a nationally recognized organ transplant center for bone marrow, heart, intestine, kidney, liver and lung transplants. It is also one of only a few centers nationally to have each program certified by Medicare, according to the hospital's website.
*Data from the American Hospital Directory for IU Health Methodist Hospital includes IU Health Indiana University Hospital and Riley Hospital for Children.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know about NYU Langone Medical Center
10 Things to Know About The Christ Hospital
10 Things to Know About Wesley Medical Center
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.