10 Things to Know About Holland Hospital
Here are 10 things to know about Holland Hospital.
1. Dale Sowders serves as president and CEO of Holland Hospital.
2. Terry Steele is the hospital's vice president of finance and CFO.
3. Holland Hospital has 189 licensed beds and is the primary hospital in the western Michigan lakeshore area.
4. In fiscal year 2011, Holland Hospital had 2,100 employees, 320 physicians on its medical staff and roughly 500 volunteers.
5. Last year, Holland Hospital recorded nearly $426 million in total gross charges, and net income topped $28 million for a higher-than-average operating margin of 6.6 percent, according to the American Hospital Directory.
6. In FY 2011, Holland Hospital recorded 41,700 emergency department visits, 8,400 patient discharges, 14,300 surgeries, 1,800 births and 336,000 outpatient visits.
7. For seven straight years, Holland Hospital has made the Thomson Reuters 100 Top Hospitals list. It is the only medium-sized hospital in Michigan to make the list from 2006 through 2012.
8. Holland Hospital was founded in 1917, but it opened in an unusual way — it originally started in the former home of a local physician.
9. The Holland Physician-Hospital Organization began in 1996 and is a partnership between numerous community physicians and the hospital. Currently, the Holland PHO has 17 total contracts (commercial, Medicaid and Medicare Advantage).
10. In 2010, Holland Hospital boosted its physician-centered care when it partnered with more than three dozen physicians to form the Holland Hospital Medical Groups.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.