10 Things to Know About Hartford Hospital
Hartford (Conn.) Hospital is the major teaching hospital affiliated with the University of Connecticut Medical School and is part of Hartford HealthCare.
Here are 10 things to know about Hartford Hospital.
1. The CEO is Jeff Flaks.
2. Thomas Marchozzi, CPA, serves as the CFO of Hartford HealthCare and oversees fiscal operations throughout the organization.
3. Hartford Hospital has 819 beds and sits on 65 acres of land.
4. The hospital has more than 1,000 active staff physicians and more than 7,000 employees.
5. Hartford Hospital recorded $1.9 billion in gross revenue and a net income of $41.1 million in 2010, as reported by the American Hospital Directory.
6. The hospital discharged a total of 37,833 patients in 2011. Hartford Hospital performed 16,100 inpatient and 12,700 outpatient surgeries as well as 4,300 births last year. Additionally, the hospital had 122,600 outpatient visits in 2011.
7. Hartford Hospital received the 2011 Emergency Medicine Excellence award from HealthGrades.
8. An 1854 factory fire in Hartford brought attention to the fact that the city was unable to treat serious injuries. Hartford Hospital was founded shortly after to rectify that problem.
9. Hartford Hospital operates LIFE STAR, the state's only air ambulance system.
10. The hospital has been chosen as the best hospital in Hartford Advocate's Best of Hartford readers poll every year from 2008 to 2011.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Hackensack University Medical Center
10 Things to Know About Hennepin County Medical Center
10 Things to Know About Children's Medical Center of Dallas
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.