10 Things to Know About Gulf Coast Medical Center
Here are 10 things to know about Gulf Coast Medical Center.
1. Carlton Ulmer serves as CEO.
2. Laurie Haynes serves as CFO.
3. The hospital has 176 beds.
4. Gulf Coast Medical Center has 671 employees.
5. In 2011, Gulf Coast Medical Center had 4,300 inpatient surgeries; 4,000 outpatient surgeries; 1,600 births; 38,500 outpatient visits; and 12,986 discharges, according to the American Hospital Directory.
6. In 2011, the hospital recorded $930 million in gross charges and $53 million in net income, according to the American Hospital Directory.
7. Gulf Coast Medical Center was named a 100 Top Hospital by Thomson Reuters in 2012.
8. In the early 1970s, there were three hospitals in the Panama City area but there was still a lack of specialized care and none of the hospitals had emergency departments. To address this need, two young physicians recruited 19 other physicians and a local attorney to join them in a joint venture — buying and rebuilding one of the three hospitals. On Jan. 3, 1977, Gulf Coast Community Hospital opened its doors. The hospital is now known as Gulf Coast Medical Center.
9. The hospital has numerous specialty centers that are nationally ranked in excellence, including but not limited to centers for spine, stroke and wound care.
10. In August, Gulf Coast Medical Center joined the University of Alabama at Birmingham Cancer Care Network as one of five affiliates in the network to expand access to leading cancer care.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Northwestern Memorial Hospital
10 Things to Know About West Anaheim Medical Center
10 Things to Know About The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.