10 Things to Know About Edinburg Regional Medical Center
Edinburg (Texas) Regional Medical Center is an acute-care hospital and is owned and operated by South Texas Health System in Edinburg, a subsidiary of Universal Health Systems in King of Prussia, Pa.
Here are 10 things to know about Edinburg Regional Medical Center, according to its website.
1. Jennifer Garza serves as CEO of Edinburg Regional.
2. The CFO of Edinburg Regional is Lorenzo Olivarez.
3. Edinburg Regional Medical Center is a 76-bed hospital with a four-story patient tower, which is licensed to operate 130 beds. The medical center also has an outpatient center equipped with advanced medical technologies.
4. There are 1,866 employees at Edinburg Regional Medical Center, including South Texas Behavioral Health Center and McAllen Medical Center, according to American Hospital Directory data.
5. According to the most recent financials in the AHD, Edinburg Regional Medical Center recorded total revenue of more than $1.75 billion. Net income totaled more than $26 million with a 1.5 percent profit margin.
6. Edinburg Regional's estimated patient volumes include 6,900 inpatient surgeries; 5,900 outpatient surgeries; 1,600 births; and 34,900 outpatient visits.
7. In 2012, Edinburg Regional received a Women's Health Excellence Award and a Cardiac Surgery Excellence Award from HealthGrades.
8. Edinburg Regional Medical Center encompasses Edinburg Regional Rehab Center within the same campus to provide a wide range of therapy programs including physical, occupational and speech therapy on an inpatient or outpatient basis.
9. Edinburg Regional is one of the 25 top grossing for-profit hospitals in America. http://www.beckershospitalreview.com/lists/25-top-grossing-for-profit-hospitals.html
10. Edinburg Regional Medical Center's parent company won a statewide award for quality. The Texas Hospital Association's Bill Aston Award for Quality recognizes a hospital's measurable success in improving quality and patient outcomes through the sustained implementation of a national or state evidence-based patient care initiative.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Buffalo General Hospital
10 Things to Know About Cleveland Clinic
10 Things to Know About Presbyterian Hospital in New Mexico
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.