10 Things to Know About Cleveland Clinic
Here are 10 things to know about Cleveland Clinic, according to its website.
1. Delos Cosgrove, MD, serves as CEO of Cleveland Clinic.
2. Steven Glass serves as Cleveland Clinic's CFO and treasurer.
3. Cleveland Clinic has more than 1,200 patient beds.
4. Cleveland Clinic is staffed by more than 2,857 physicians and scientists.
5. According to the most recent financials posted in the American Hospital Directory, Cleveland Clinic recorded total revenue of more than $10 billion last year. Net income totaled more than $349 million for a 3.3 percent profit margin.
6. Cleveland Clinic receives 4.6 million patient visits; 160,405 admissions; and 187,905 surgical cases per year.
7. U.S. News & World Report consistently names Cleveland Clinic as one of the nation's best hospitals. The heart and heart surgery program has been ranked number one on its "America's Best Hospitals" survey since 1995.
8. Cleveland Clinic was founded in 1921 by four physicians with a vision of providing outstanding patient care based upon the principles of cooperation, compassion and innovation.
9. Coronary bypass surgery was developed and refined at Cleveland Clinic in 1967.
10. The first kidney surgery performed through a patient's navel occurred at Cleveland Clinic in 2007.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Presbyterian Hospital in New Mexico
10 Things to Know About University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Presbyterian
10 Things to Know About Florida Hospital Orlando
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.