10 Things to Know About Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak
Here are 10 things to know about Beaumont Hospital.
1. Gene Michalski serves as CEO of the health system.
2. Nickolas Vitale serves as executive vice president and CFO of the health system.
3. Beaumont Hospital is a 1,070-bed tertiary hospital.
4. The hospital has 7,542 employees.
5. In 2011, the hospital had 21,600 inpatient surgeries; 45,200 outpatient surgeries; 9,700 births; and 211,800 outpatient visits, according to the American Hospital Directory.
6. In 2011, the hospital recorded $3.3 billion in gross charges and $56.5 million in net income, according to the American Hospital Directory.
7. Beaumont Hospital opened in 1955 as a 238-bed hospital.
8. Beaumont Hospital was included on the U.S. News & World Report "Best Hospitals" list for 2012-2013.
9. Beaumont Health System announced merger talks with Detroit-based Henry Ford Health System Oct. 31, 2012.
10. Beaumont Hospital was named the top choice of consumers in a five-county area in Metro Detroit by the National Research Corporation in 2011 for the 17th consecutive year.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About St. Joseph Mercy Hospital Ann Arbor
10 Things to Know About Major Hospital
10 Things to Know About Fairview Southdale Hospital
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.