10 Things to Know About Bay Medical Center
Bay Medical Center in Panama City, Fla., is a regional medical center that provides hospital care and outpatient services to communities in Northwest Florida.
Here are 10 things to know about Bay Medical Center:
1. Steven M. Johnson is the president and CEO of Bay Medical Center.
2. Chris Brooks is the CFO of Bay Medical Center.
3. Bay Medical Center has 323 beds.
4. The hospital has a medical staff of more than 250 physicians.
5. For the cost report period ending September 2010, Bay Medical Center recorded $900 million in gross charges and a net loss of $6 million, according to American Hospital Directory.
6. In 2011, the hospital performed 4,300 inpatient surgeries, 5,800 outpatient surgeries, 300 births and 66,000 outpatient visits.
7. In 2008, Bay Medical Center received three-year accreditation with commendation from the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer.
8. Bay Medical Center has its origins in the Memorial Hospital of Bay County, which was chartered in 1949.
9. In 2010, Bay Medical Center completed the construction of a five-story patient tower that features 144 private patient rooms.
10. Bay Medical Center was named one of the 2012 100 Great Community Hospitals by Becker's Hospital Review.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Iredell Memorial Hospital
10 Things to Know About Iredell Memorial Hospital
10 Things to Know About King's Daughters Medical Center
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.