10 Things to Know About Atlanta Medical Center
Atlanta Medical Center is Level I trauma center operated by Dallas-based Tenet Healthcare.
Here are 10 things to know about Atlanta Medical Center.
1. Atlanta Medical Center's CEO is William T. Moore.
2. Lisa Napier serves as the hospital's CFO.
3. Atlanta Medical Center has 460 beds.
4. The hospital has 1,055 employees.
5. Atlanta Medical Center recorded $1.2 billion in gross charges and a net income of $120,165 in 2011, as reported by the American Hospital Directory.
6. Atlanta Medical Center discharged 13,008 total patients in 2011. The hospital performed 6,200 inpatient surgeries and 5,600 outpatient surgeries last year. There were 4,500 births at the hospital in 2011.
7. The hospital is one of Georgia's leading stroke units, as designated by the Joint Commission.
8. Atlanta Medical Center began serving the Atlanta community in 1901 as Georgia Baptist Medical Center. The infirmary had one doctor and a few church women serving as nurses.
9. The hospital is recognized as a center of excellence in bariatric medicine by the American Society of Bariatric Surgeons.
10. Atlanta Medical Center is a top birthing center and a Level III neonatal intensive care unit.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Boca Raton Regional Hospital
10 Things to Know About Huntsville Hospital
10 Things to Know About Jackson Memorial Hospital
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.