10 Things to Know About Westchester Medical Center
Here are 10 things to know about Westchester Medical Center, according to its website.
1. Michael Israel serves as president and CEO of Westchester Medical Center.
2. John Morgan serves as senior vice president of financial operations.
3. The hospital has 643 beds. The intensive care unit has 134 dedicated adult, pediatric and neonatal intensive care beds.
4. Westchester Medical Center has a workforce of over 5,000 with roughly 900 attending physicians.
5. The hospital serves more than 120,000 patients per year. According to the American Hospital Directory, Westchester Medical performed an estimated 9,900 inpatient surgeries and 600 births in 2011.
6. Last year, Westchester Medical recorded $2.5 billion in total revenue, according to the American Hospital Directory. Net income equaled $15.9 million for a 0.7 percent profit margin.
7. The hospital received the 2011-2012 Consumer Choice Award for Highest Quality and Image in the New York Metro Area from the National Research Corp.
8. What is now known as Westchester Medical Center began in 1918 when the U.S. Army took over county buildings to set up an Army Hospital for treating troops affected by the Spanish influenza epidemic. In 1920, the Army returned the buildings to the Westchester County government as a fully equipped hospital.
9. Westchester Medical Center's Maria Fareri Children's Hospital is home to one of only five pediatric asthma clinical research centers in the United States.
10. In 2012, the hospital received its third consecutive Cardiac Surgery Excellence Award from HealthGrades.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Montefiore Medical Center
10 Things to Know About Woman's Hospital
10 Things to Know About New Hanover Regional Medical Center
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.