10 Things to Know About Verde Valley Medical Center
Here are 10 things to know about Verde Valley Medical Center.
1. James Bleicher, MD, serves as president and CEO.
2. Greg Kuzma serves as CFO.
3. The hospital has 99 acute-care beds and 11 behavioral health beds.
4. Verde Valley Medical Center's staff is comprised of nearly 100 physicians representing 25 medical specialties.
5. In 2011, the hospital had 1,600 inpatient surgeries, 6,400 outpatient surgeries, 400 births and 36,100 outpatient visits, according to the American Hospital Directory.
6. Verde Valley Medical Center opened as a small outpatient clinic in 1939.
7. In March 2012, the hospital was ranked a "Best Regional Hospital" by U.S. News & World Report.
8. In 2011, the hospital recorded $478.4 million in gross charges and a net income of $21.5 million, according to the American Hospital Directory.
9. In 2012, Verde Valley Medical Center was included on a list of "100 Great Community Hospitals" compiled by Becker's Hospital Review.
10. Verde Valley Medical Center was one of 135 hospitals nationwide to receive the American College of Cardiology Foundation's 2010 Get With The Guidelines Gold Performance Achievement Award. This was the third year in a row the hospital received the gold award.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Waldo County General Hospital
10 Things to Know About West Park Hospital
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.