10 Things to Know About University of Kansas Hospital
Here are 10 things to know about University of Kansas Hospital.
1. The CEO is Bob Page.
2. Bill Marting serves as the CFO.
3. University of Kansas Hospital has 628 staffed beds.
4. The hospital employs 3,913 people, according to the American Hospital Directory.
5. University of Kansas recorded $2.5 billion in gross charges and a net income of $67.1 million last year, as reported by the American Hospital Directory.
6. The hospital performed 11,700 inpatient surgeries, 14,900 outpatient surgeries and 1,200 births last year. The ER treated 38,700 people, and there were 24,703 patients discharged from the hospital.
7. U.S. News & World Report ranked University of Kansas Hospital in 10 specialties on its Best Hospitals list for 2012-2013.
8. In 1906, Dr. Simeon Bell donated land and money totaling to more than $100,000 to establish the original hospital, named Eleanor Taylor Bell Hospital, in honor of his wife.
9. University of Kansas Hospital earned the American Nurses Association's 2010 Award for Outstanding Nursing Quality for academic medical centers. The hospital was ranked first out if 1,700 academic medical centers worldwide in the category.
10. The hospital is the official healthcare provider of Kansas Speedway, the region's NASCAR facility.
If you have additional information you'd like included on the hospital featured above, or would like to recommend a hospital to be profiled in the future, please contact Lindsey Dunn, editor in chief, Becker's Hospital Review at email@example.com.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:
10 Things to Know About University Medical Center of Southern Nevada
10 Things to Know About University of California Irvine Medical Center
10 Things to Know About University of Mississippi Medical Center
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.