10 Things to Know About Swedish Medical Center
Here are 10 things to know about Swedish Medical Center.
1. Mary White has served as CEO and president of Swedish Medical Center since 1996.
2. Swedish's CFO is Kathy Ashenfelter.
3. Swedish Medical Center has 368 beds.
4. Swedish has 2,000 employees and more than 1,200 physicians.
5. The hospital recorded $1.6 billion in gross charges and a net income: $110.9 million in 2011, as reported by the American Hospital Directory.
6. The hospital discharged 18,048 patients in 2011. Swedish performed 9,200 inpatient surgeries, 4,200 outpatient surgeries and 1,900 births last year. The hospital had 62,000 outpatient visits in 2011.
7. Swedish Medical Center received the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association's gold plus award for stroke. Swedish is the only recipient of the award in Colorado.
8. Swedish was first established in 1905 as a tuberculosis sanatorium, but by 1956 it had turned its focus to general healthcare because of the decrease in tuberculosis cases in the United States.
9. Swedish Medical Center is certified by the Joint Commission in coronary artery disease, open heart surgery and heart failure.
10. American Alliance of Healthcare Providers has named Swedish Medical Center a facility of choice five times.
If you have additional information you'd like included on the hospital featured above, or would like to recommend a hospital to be profiled in the future, please contact Lindsey Dunn, editor in chief, Becker's Hospital Review at email@example.com.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Gifford Medical Center
10 Things to Know About Erie County Medical Center
10 Things to Know About Bozeman Deaconess Hospital
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.