10 Things to Know About Summerlin Hospital Medical Center
Summerlin Hospital Medical Center in Las Vegas is a member of Las Vegas-based Valley Health System. It is also operated by a subsidiary of Universal Health Services in King of Prussia, Pa.
Here are 10 things to know about Summerlin Hospital Medical Center.
1. Robert Freymuller serves as CEO of the hospital.
2. Bonny Sorensen serves as the hospital's CFO.
3. The hospital has 454 beds with private rooms and sits on a 40-acre campus.
4. Summerlin Hospital has 1,500 employees with 1,600 physicians on staff.
5. According to the most recent data from the American Hospital Directory, Summerlin Hospital Medical Center recorded total revenue of $1.4 billion last year. The hospital's net income was $39 million for a 2.7 percent profit margin.
6. Summerlin Hospital had 7,900 inpatient surgeries; 7,600 outpatient surgeries; 2,200 births; and 30,600 outpatient visits in 2011, according to Medicare cost reports and inpatient claims data analyzed by the American Hospital Directory.
7. The hospital opened a $750,000 Breast Care Center in October 2011, which houses a 1,800-square-foot facility for diagnostic equipment.
8. Summerlin Hospital Medical Center is one of the 50 largest for-profit hospitals in America as well as one of the 50 top-grossing hospitals this year.
9. Summerlin Hospital recently completed the largest expansion project in its history. The expansion included the addition of a six-story tower that contains 173 additional private patient rooms and an expanded emergency room.
10. Summerlin Hospital recently expanded its pediatric services to include a pediatric intensive care unit.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's Hospital Review
CEO Roundtable + CFO/CIO Roundtable: FEATURING Toby M. Cosgrove and John D. Doyle