10 Things to Know About St. Clair Hospital
Here are 10 things to know about St. Clair Hospital.
1. James Collins serves as president and CEO.
2. Richard Chesnos serves as senior vice president and CFO of the hospital.
3. St. Clair Hospital has 328 beds. The hospital's main campus is in Mount Lebanon, a suburb of Pittsburgh, but the hospital also offers healthcare services at three outpatient centers, including a diagnostic center in Bethel Park, Pa.
4. The hospital has 550 physicians and 2,200 employees, making it one of the largest employers in the Pittsburgh area.
5. According to the most recent financials posted in the American Hospital Directory, St. Clair Hospital recorded gross charges of more than $666 million in 2011. Net income totaled more than $21 million for a 3.2 percent profit margin.
6. In 2011, the hospital had 4,000 inpatient surgeries; 10,500 outpatient surgeries; 1,200 births; and 59,200 outpatient visits, according to the American Hospital Directory.
7. In 2012, St. Clair was named a 100 Top Hospital by Thomson Reuters.
8. In October 1951, ground was broken for the future St. Clair Hospital, which officially opened in 1954.
9. St. Clair is currently constructing a new outpatient center in Peters Township, Pa. It is expected to be completed by the spring of 2013.
10. St. Clair is home to the region's largest emergency department, with annual visits approaching 60,000 patients. To accommodate the growing needs of the community, the hospital completed a $13.5 million expansion of the department in 2009, increasing capacity to 80,000 visitors per year.
If you have additional information you'd like included on the hospital featured above, or would like to recommend a hospital to be profiled in the future, please contact Lindsey Dunn, editor in chief, Becker's Hospital Review at email@example.com.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Centinela Hospital Medical Center
10 Things to Know About Holland Hospital
10 Things to Know About Danbury Hospital
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.