10 Things to Know About St. Christopher's Hospital for Children
Here are 10 things to know about St. Christopher's Hospital for Children.
1. Carolyn Jackson serves as CEO.
2. L. Gil Cottle serves as CFO.
3. The hospital has 220 pediatric experts on staff with more than 30 different pediatric subspecialty areas.
4. The hospital has 189 licensed beds comprised of 40 neonatal intensive care unit beds, eight cardiac intensive care unit beds, eight pediatric ICU beds, 18 special care and burn unit beds, 7 oncology transplant unit beds and 108 medical/surgical beds.
5. In 2011, the hospital had 3,000 inpatient surgeries; 2,700 outpatient surgeries; and 34,500 outpatient visits.
6. In 2011, the hospital recorded $1.6 billion in gross charges and $28 million in net income, according to the American Hospital Directory.
7. St. Christopher's has been providing pediatric care since 1875.
8. The hospital received a Patient Safety Innovation Award from the Hospital Association of Pennsylvania in 2012.
9. The hospital has a Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center and its Burn Center is the only dedicated pediatric burn center in the Philadelphia area.
10. Earlier this year, the hospital and Tenet Healthcare announced a $110 million expansion project that includes construction of a new critical care tower and the Center for the Urban Child.
If you have additional information you'd like included on the hospital featured above, or would like to recommend a hospital to be profiled in the future, please contact Lindsey Dunn, editor in chief, Becker's Hospital Review at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Banner Boswell Medical Center
10 Things to Know About Arkansas Children's Hospital
10 Things to Know About Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.