10 Things to Know About Seattle Children's Hospital
Here are 10 things to know about Seattle Children's Hospital.
1. The CEO of Seattle Children's Hospital is Thomas Hansen, MD.
2. Kelly Wallace serves as the hospital's CFO.
3. Seattle Children's has 254 licensed beds.
4. The hospital had 4,958 active employees and 1,241 active medical staff in 2011.
5. Seattle Children's Hospital recorded $1.2 billion in gross revenue and a net income of $61.3 million in 2011, as reported by the American Hospital Directory.
6. Seattle Children's discharged a total of 11,763 patients in 2011. The hospital performed 3,800 inpatient and 12,300 outpatient surgeries last year. Additionally, Seattle Children's had 117,600 outpatient visits in 2011, as reported by the American Hospital Directory.
7. U.S. News & World Report named Seattle Children's Hospital as the 6th highest ranked children's hospital in the nation in 2012.
8. The death of Anna Clise's young son in 1898 made her aware of the lack of specialized care for children and inspired her to establish The Children's Orthopedic Hospital, which opened in 1907. That hospital evolved into what is now Seattle Children's Hospital.
9. Seattle Children's Hospital earned Magnet status in 2008 in recognition of its nursing excellence.
10. Asthma is the top reason for inpatient admission at Seattle Children's Hospital.
If you have additional information you'd like included on the hospital featured above, or would like to recommend a hospital to be profiled in the future, please contact Lindsey Dunn, editor in chief, Becker's Hospital Review at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Brigham and Women's Hospital
10 Things to Know About Montefiore Medical Center
10 Things to Know About Swedish Medical Center
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.