10 Things to Know About Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital
Here are 10 things to know about Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital.
1. Ronald C. Werft serves as president and CEO.
2. Joan Bricher serves as senior vice president and CFO.
3. Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital has 408 beds.
4. The hospital has a medical staff of more than 600 including specialists in all major clinical areas. The hospital has about 2,200 employees.
5. The hospital has annual admissions of more than 18,000 patients, 41,000 emergency department visits and 2,300 births.
6. In 2012, the hospital was listed as a "100 Great Community Hospital" by Becker's Hospital Review.
7. The hospital was founded in 1888.
8. In 2011, the hospital recorded $1.3 billion in gross charges and a net income of $109.3 million, according to the American Hospital Directory.
9. Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital is replacing all of its inpatient care facilities at an estimated cost of more than $700 million. The construction consists of seven phases. Phase 4 was completed in 2011, and patients were moved into the new wings in February 2012. The last few phases should be completed in 2017.
10. The hospital is a teaching hospital, offering residencies in internal medicine, general surgery and radiology.
If you have additional information you'd like included on the hospital featured above, or would like to recommend a hospital to be profiled in the future, please contact Lindsey Dunn, editor in chief, Becker's Hospital Review at email@example.com.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Hunterdon Medical Center
10 Things to Know About St. Cloud Hospital
10 Things to Know About Hamilton Medical Center
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.