10 Things to Know About San Jacinto Methodist Hospital
Here are 10 things to know about San Jacinto Methodist Hospital.
1. Donna Gares serves as president and CEO.
2. Jonathan Sturgis serves as vice president and CFO of the hospital.
3. The hospital has 160 beds.
4. Approximately 1,700 employees work at San Jacinto Methodist Hospital.
5. In 2011, the hospital had 3,300 inpatient surgeries, 6,000 outpatient surgeries, 1,900 births and 38,500 outpatient visits, according to the American Hospital Directory.
6. The hospital opened in April 1948, but its origins begin in 1944 when Humble Oil and Refining Company contributed $500,000 for the construction of a hospital in Baytown. Local businesses, organizations and individuals matched Humble Oil's gift with $1.2 million, and the hospital's doors opened four years later.
7. According to HealthGrades, San Jacinto Methodist has ranked among the top 5 percent in the nation for overall clinical excellence for the past five consecutive years
8. In 2011, San Jacinto Methodist recorded $881.9 million in gross charges and a net income of $9 million, according to the American Hospital Directory.
9. In 2012, the hospital was listed on Becker's Hospital Review's "100 Great Community Hospitals."
10. In 2012, the hospital received a Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence from HealthGrades, placing it among the top 5 percent of the nation's hospitals for the fifth straight year.
If you have additional information you'd like included on the hospital featured above, or would like to recommend a hospital to be profiled in the future, please contact Lindsey Dunn, editor in chief, Becker's Hospital Review at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital
10 Things to Know About Hunterdon Medical Center
10 Things to Know About St. Cloud Hospital
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.