10 Things to Know About Saint Joseph's Hospital of Atlanta
Here are 10 things to know about St. Joseph's Hospital of Atlanta, according to its website.
1. Scott Schmidly serves as president and CEO.
2. Kevin Brenan serves as CFO.
3. The hospital has 410 beds.
4. More than 750 physicians comprise Saint Joseph's medical staff.
5. According to the American Hospital Directory, Saint Joseph's Hospital of Atlanta recorded more than $1 billion in total revenue in 2011. Net income totaled $10 million for a profit margin of 0.9 percent.
6. Saint Joseph's treats more than 28,000 inpatients and nearly 165,000 outpatients each year. The hospital also performs approximately 1,500 open-heart surgeries, more than 9,000 cardiac catheterizations and more than 4,100 angioplasties each year.
7. In 2007, U.S. News & World Report named Saint Joseph's one of the top 50 Orthopaedic hospitals in the nation for the third consecutive year.
8. Founded in 1880 by the Sisters of Mercy, Saint Joseph's is Atlanta's oldest and only Catholic hospital.
9. Saint Joseph's Mercy Care Services, one of the largest outreach efforts in Atlanta, provides primary healthcare and essential services to the homeless, new immigrants and the uninsured at multiple sites throughout the metropolitan area.
10. Saint Joseph's was the first hospital in Georgia to perform robotic-assisted, totally-endoscopic, closed-chest heart surgery, according to the hospital.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Barnes-Jewish Hospital
10 Things to Know About Akron General Medical Center
10 Things to Know About Edinburg Regional Medical Center
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.