10 Things to Know About Rush University Medical Center
Here are 10 facts about Rush, based on information from its website.
1. Larry J. Goldman, MD, is the CEO of Rush University Medical Center.
2. John Mordach serves as senior vice president of finance and CFO.
3. The medical center has 604 patient beds.
4. Rush has a medical staff of 890 physicians; 1,153 professional nurses; 650 residents and fellows; and 8,426 employees.
5. Total revenue surpassed $3 billion last year and Rush recorded a net income of approximately $104 million with a 2.8 percent profit margin.
6. Last year, Rush had a total of 35,060 hospital admissions; 49,643 emergency room visits; 20,916 operations; and 2,181 births.
7. Rush has earned national rankings in 10 of 16 specialty areas on U.S. News & World Report's 2011 America's Best Hospitals list.
8. Rush has been a part of the Chicago landscape longer than any other healthcare institution in the city. Rush Medical College received its charter on March 2, 1837, two days before the city of Chicago was incorporated.
9. Rush is the preferred hospital and home to the team physicians for both the Chicago Bulls and the Chicago White Sox.
10. In January, Rush opened a new 376-bed hospital building, known as the Tower, which is part of the Medical Center's major renovation of its campus.
If you have additional information you'd like included on the hospital featured above or would like to recommend a hospital to be profiled in the future, please contact Lindsey Dunn, editor in chief, Becker's Hospital Review at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Articles on Rush University Medical Center:Rush's New 'Green' Hospital the Largest in the World to Receive LEED Gold Certification
100 Great Places to Work in Healthcare
Rush System for Health in Illinois Forms Network Relationship With UnitedHealthcare
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.