10 Things to Know About Rex Hospital
Here are 10 things to know about Rex Hospital.
1. David Strong is the president of Rex and oversees all six campuses.
2. Bernadette Spong, CPA, serves as the CFO of Rex Healthcare.
3. Rex Hospital has 660 beds.
4. The hospital has more than 1,100 physicians and 5,400 employees.
5. Rex Hospital recorded $1.6 billion in gross revenue and a net income of $46.8 million in 2010, as reported by the American Hospital Directory.
6. Rex Hospital discharged a total of 27,429 patients in 2011. The hospital performed 9,200 inpatient and 28,600 outpatient surgeries as well as 4,200 births last year. Additionally, Rex Hospital had 109,700 outpatient visits in 2011.
7. Rex has received Magnet Recognition, placing its nurses among the top 6 percent in the nation.
8. Rex Hospital was funded by John Rex, who left money in his will to establish a hospital to serve the sick and afflicted poor in the area. The hospital opened in 1894.
9. Rex Hospital made Becker's Hospital Review's 2012 list of 100 great places to work in healthcare.
10. Rex was granted the Outstanding Achievement award by The Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons in 2011.
If you have additional information you'd like included on the hospital featured above, or would like to recommend a hospital to be profiled in the future, please contact Lindsey Dunn, editor in chief, Becker's Hospital Review at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Northwestern Memorial Hospital
10 Things to Know About North Shore University Hospital
10 Things to Know About Keck Hospital of USC
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.