10 Things to Know About Rady Children's Hospital-San Diego
Here are 10 things to know about Rady Children's Hospital-San Diego.
1. Kathleen Sellick serves as president and CEO.
2. Roger Roux serves as senior vice president and CFO.
3. The hospital has 272 staffed beds.
4. The hospital has nearly 700 physicians, more than 1,000 nurses, nearly 4,000 employees and 450 active volunteers.
5. In 2011, the hospital provided care to 154,418 children; had 16,296 inpatient discharges; helped 1,053 trauma patients; had 70,878 emergency care visits; and had 38,737 urgent care visits.
6. In 2011, the hospital recorded $1.53 billion in gross charges and a net income of $32.9 million, according to the American Hospital Directory.
7. The hospital was ranked in all 10 pediatric specialties surveyed in U.S. News & World Report's "Best Children's Hospitals" list for 2011-2012.
8. On Aug. 19, 1954, Rady Children's officially opened to receive its first 12 patients.
9. Rady Children's is a major pediatric clinical research center with more than 160 clinical trials and 250 other research projects under way. Research collaborations include UC San Diego, the Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute in La Jolla, Calif., the Scripps Research Institute in La Jolla, the Salk Institute for Biological Studies in San Diego, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in Memphis, Tenn., and Sioux Falls, S.D.-based Sanford Health.
10. Rady Children's is the only hospital in the San Diego area dedicated exclusively to pediatric healthcare.
If you have additional information you'd like included on the hospital featured above, or would like to recommend a hospital to be profiled in the future, please contact Lindsey Dunn, editor in chief, Becker's Hospital Review at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Bayfront Medical Center
10 Things to Know About McAllen Medical Center
10 Things to Know About Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.