10 Things to Know About Primary Children's Medical Center
Here are 10 things to know about Primary Children's Medical Center.
1. Katy Welkie serves as CEO.
2. Jeremiah Radandt serves as CFO.
3. The 289-bed hospital is equipped and staffed to care for children with complex illness and injury.
4. On average, the hospital has 693 patients per day and a length of stay of 4.12 days.
5. The hospital has a medical staff membership of 1,010 and has 3,170 individuals on its hospital staff.
6. In 2011, Primary Children's recorded $544.9 million in gross charges and net income of $39.7 million, according to the American Hospital Directory.
7. Primary Children's began in the early years of the twentieth century as a church-sponsored institution. The Primary Association (the children's program) of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints opened a children's ward at Salt Lake City's LDS Hospital in 1911.
8. In 2010, the hospital received a Pediatric Patient Safety Excellence Award from HealthGrades.
9. Primary Children's is the pediatric specialty teaching hospital for the University of Utah School of Medicine in Salt Lake City.
10. The hospital is currently constructing the George S. and Dolores Doré Eccles Outpatient Service Building. The building is expected to be completed in the fall of 2014.
If you have additional information you'd like included on the hospital featured above, or would like to recommend a hospital to be profiled in the future, please contact Lindsey Dunn, editor in chief, Becker's Hospital Review at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Hackensack University Medical Center
10 Things to Know About Cypress Fairbanks Medical Center Hospital
10 Things to Know About Children's Hospital Los Angeles
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.