10 Things to Know About Presbyterian Hospital in New Mexico
Here are 10 things to know about Presbyterian Hospital, according to its website.
1. Doyle Boykin, RN, is the administrator and top executive of Presbyterian Hospital. He has been with the organization since 1987, when he started as a graduate nurse in the critical care float pool. James Hinton serves as CEO of the Presbyterian Healthcare Services system.
2. Dale Maxwell serves as CFO of Presbyterian Hospital and the entire Presbyterian Healthcare Services organization. He has been with Presbyterian since 2002 and oversees its health plan and all other financial areas.
3. Presbyterian Hospital is the largest acute-care hospital in New Mexico with 709 licensed beds. It is also the flagship facility of the eight-hospital health system, which serves roughly one in three New Mexicans.
4. Of the health system's roughly 9,400 employees, more than 4,100 work at Presbyterian Hospital.
5. According to the most recent financials posted in the American Hospital Directory, Presbyterian Hospital recorded total revenue of $2.26 billion last year. Net income totaled $61.87 million for a 2.7 percent profit margin.
6. Annually, Presbyterian Hospital performs roughly 13,600 inpatient surgeries and 45,600 outpatient surgeries. It delivers roughly 2,900 babies every year, and the emergency department serves more than 27,000 patients.
7. Presbyterian Hospital has received several awards over the years. In 2011, it was a Leapfrog Top Hospital for patient quality and safety, and it is also a "top performing" hospital in the Premier healthcare alliance's national QUEST collaborative, which aims to improve healthcare solutions across the country.
8. Presbyterian Hospital and its parent system were founded more than 100 years ago.
9. Presbyterian Hospital is part of the largest health system in New Mexico, and it also offers its own health plan, which is the largest in the state.
10. Presbyterian Hospital's Heart Center includes the Presbyterian Heart Group, which is the only cardiology practice in New Mexico with national accreditation in the echocardiography, nuclear and vascular labs.
If you have additional information you'd like included on the hospital featured above or would like to recommend a hospital to be profiled in the future, please contact Lindsey Dunn, editor in chief, Becker's Hospital Review at email@example.com.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.