10 Things to Know About Ponca City Medical Center
Here are 10 things to know about Ponca City Medical Center.
1. Andy Wachtel serves as CEO of the hospital.
2. Vall Eucke serves as CFO.
3. The hospital has 140 licensed beds.
4. Ponca City Medical Center has 39 active physicians, 14 provisional physicians and 22 courtesy physicians. There are 410 employees.
5. In 2011, the hospital had 700 inpatient surgeries; 2,500 outpatient surgeries; 500 births; 22,400 outpatient visits; and 3,744 discharges, according to the American Hospital Directory.
6. In 2011, the hospital recorded more than $181 million in gross charges and more than $3 million in net income, according to the American Hospital Directory.
7. The hospital was formerly known as Via Christi Oklahoma Regional Medical Center. It was acquired by CHS from Via Christi Health System in Wichita, Kan., in 2006.
8. Ponca City Medical Center was named a 100 Top Hospital by Thomson Reuters in 2012.
9. In 2012, Ponca City Medical Center was honored with an "A" Hospital Safety Score by The Leapfrog Group, an independent national non-profit run by employers and other large purchasers of health benefits.
10. The hospital offers care in more than 20 specialties, including but not limited to cardiology, orthopedics, pediatrics, podiatry, urology, wound care, neurology, internal medicine and ophthalmology.
If you have additional information you'd like included on the hospital featured above, or would like to recommend a hospital to be profiled in the future, please contact Lindsey Dunn, editor in chief, Becker's Hospital Review at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About John Peter Smith Hospital
10 Things to Know About Henry Ford Hospital
10 Thing to Know About Mease Countryside Hospital
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.