10 Things to Know About Ogallala Community Hospital
Here are 10 things to know about Ogallala Community Hospital.
1. Sharon Lind was named CEO of Ogallala Community Hospital in April 2012. She previously served as CEO of Central Kansas Medical Center in Great Bend.
2. Dena Klockman is Ogallala Community Hospital's CFO.
3. Ogallala Community Hospital is a critical access hospital with 18 acute-care beds.
4. As of January 2012, the hospital has 131 employees, and it also has 92 active staff physicians across several specialties, including primary care and an enhanced intensive care unit.
5. In 2011, Ogallala Community Hospital recorded roughly $29.7 million in total revenue, according to the latest figures at the American Hospital Directory. Net income equaled $1.28 million for a 4.3 percent operating margin.
6. Ogallala Community Hospital recorded 664 inpatient visits in 2011, and the emergency department had more than 2,500 visits. Physicians also delivered 79 babies at the hospital in 2011.
7. The National Rural Health Association named Ogallala Community Hospital as one of its Top 100 Critical Access Hospitals in America last year, citing its strong financial and value-based performance metrics.
8. The hospital was founded in 1952 to serve the small Ogallala community and most of western Nebraska.
9. Ogallala Community Hospital's annual health fair is a major draw in the area. More than 200 people travel to the event — some travel more than 50 miles — to learn more about their health.
10. Ogallala Community Hospital is part of the West Central Medical Response System, a federally funded emergency response program that shares supplies and personnel in the event of a disaster in the area. The WCMRS covers roughly 81,000 people over a 14,600-square-mile rural area.
If you have additional information you'd like included on the hospital featured above or would like to recommend a hospital to be profiled in the future, please contact Lindsey Dunn, editor in chief, Becker's Hospital Review at email@example.com.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.