10 Things to Know About O'Connor Hospital
Here are 10 things to know about the San Jose-based O'Connor Hospital.
1. Jim Dover joined O'Connor Hospital as president and CEO in April 2009 and has more than 30 years of hospital and healthcare executive experience.
2. David Carroll serves as O'Connor Hospital's CFO.
3. O'Connor Hospital has 358 licensed beds and a patient base of more than 1 million people.
4. The hospital has almost 1,600 staff employees, and 585 physician comprise the medical staff.
5. Last year, O'Connor Hospital recorded total revenue of $1.56 billion, according to the American Hospital Directory. However, the hospital lost $3.75 million for a negative 0.2 percent operating margin.
6. Last year, O'Connor Hospital recorded more than 12,700 inpatient admissions, more than 3,400 surgical cases, almost 6,700 births and more than 53,000 emergency department visits.
7. O'Connor Hospital is ranked third in the San Jose area for hospital quality, and it is also a high-performing hospital for orthopedics, according to U.S. News & World Report's 2012-2013 rankings.
8. O'Connor Hospital, the first hospital in Santa Clara County, opened in 1889 as the O'Connor Sanitarium. Judge Myles O'Connor and his wife, Amanda, built the hospital on 15 acres of their property.
9. O'Connor Hospital is part of Daughters of Charity Health System, based in Los Altos Hills, Calif. DCHS has operated the hospital since it first opened. This past March, DCHS and St. Louis-based Ascension Health signed a memorandum of understanding in which DCHS would merge with Ascension.
10. In June 2012, O'Connor Hospital honored Paul Jackson, MD, a hospital cardiologist who retired after 50 years of service.
If you have additional information you'd like included on the hospital featured above or would like to recommend a hospital to be profiled in the future, please contact Lindsey Dunn, editor in chief, Becker's Hospital Review at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's Hospital Review
CEO Roundtable + CFO/CIO Roundtable: FEATURING Toby M. Cosgrove and John D. Doyle