10 Things to Know About Ochsner Medical Center
Here are 10 things to know about Ochsner Medical Center.
1. Mike Hulefeld serves as CEO of Ochsner Medical Center.
2. Harry Reese serves as executive vice president and CFO.
3. Ochsner Medical Center is a 473-bed hospital. The hospital's campus includes Ochsner Cancer Institute, Ochsner Multi-Organ Transplant Center and Ochsner Heart and Vascular Institute.
4. The hospital employs over 600 physicians in 80 medical specialties and subspecialties.
5. According to the most recent financials posted in the American Hospital Directory, Ochsner Medical Center recorded total revenue of more than $2 billion in 2011. Net income totaled more than $118 million for a 4.9 percent profit margin.
6. According to the most recent data from American Hospital Directory, Ochsner Medical Center had 18,800 inpatient surgeries; 24,600 outpatient surgeries; 3,200 births; and 157,900 outpatient visits in 2011.
7. In 2012, the hospital was ranked among the top 50 hospitals in 11 or more medical specialties, according to U.S. News & World Report's 2012-2013 Best Hospitals list.
8. The first Ochsner Hospital was built in 1946.
9. Ochsner was ranked one of the "Best Places to Work" by New Orleans CityBusiness in 2005, 2006 and 2007. It also received the Consumer Choice for Healthcare award in New Orleans for 12 consecutive years from National Research Corp.
10. Ochsner Medical Center is one of six training sites in the world for robotic surgery.
If you have additional information you'd like included on the hospital featured above, or would like to recommend a hospital to be profiled in the future, please contact Lindsey Dunn, editor in chief, Becker's Hospital Review at email@example.com.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Pennsylvania Hospital
10 Things to Know About Carle Foundation Hospital
10 Things to Know About Aultman Hospital
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's Hospital Review
CEO Roundtable + CFO/CIO Roundtable: FEATURING Toby M. Cosgrove and John D. Doyle