10 Things to Know about NYU Langone Medical Center
Here are 10 things to know about NYU Langone Medical Center.
1. Robert Grossman, MD, serves as Saul J. Farber Dean and CEO of the academic medical center.
2. Michael Burke serves as senior vice president and vice dean as well as corporate CFO.
3. The academic medical center is composed of four hospitals with a total of 1,069 inpatient beds: Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute-care facility with 705 beds; the 190-bed Hospital for Joint Disease, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopedics and rheumatology; Hassenfeld Pediatric Center, a comprehensive pediatric hospital; and the 174-bed Rusk Institute of Rehabilitation Medicine, the world's first university-affiliated facility devoted entirely to rehabilitation medicine — plus NYU School of Medicine, which has trained thousands of physicians and scientists since 1841.
4. NYU Langone has 1,291 full-time employees; 989 part-time employees; 2,940 volunteers and 104 endowed professorships. The medical center has 400 postdoctoral fellows and 1,078 residents and fellows. There are 2,166 attending physicians; 2,563 registered and advance practice nurses; 1,599 allied health professionals; and 850 faculty group practice physicians at NYU Langone.
5. In 2011, the medical center had 38,911 patient admissions; 668,635 hospital-based outpatient visits; 4,625 births; 199,453 unique hospital patients; and more than one million faculty group practice office visits.
6. In 2011, NYU Langone recorded $4.29 billion in gross charges and a net income of $166.4 million, according to the American Hospital Directory.
7. NYU Langone's history dates back to 1841.
8. The medical center was recognized on the U.S. News & World Report's 2012-2013 "Best Hospitals Honor Roll" as a top hospital in the country, and was nationally ranked in 13 specialties, including top-10 rankings in orthopedics, neurology and neurosurgery, rehabilitation, rheumatology and geriatrics.
9. Approximately 130 physicians at NYU Langone Medical Center were recognized as nationally leading medical experts by Castle Connolly Medical Ltd. in the 11th edition of "America's Top Doctors."
10. NYU Langone Medical Center's department of obstetrics and gynecology was included on Becker's Hospital Review's list of 100 Hospitals With Great Women's Health Programs.
If you have additional information you'd like included on the hospital featured above, or would like to recommend a hospital to be profiled in the future, please contact Lindsey Dunn, editor in chief, Becker's Hospital Review at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About The Christ Hospital
10 Things to Know About Wesley Medical Center
10 Things to Know About Ponca City Medical Center
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.