10 Things to Know About Northwestern Memorial Hospital
Here are 10 things to know about Northwestern Memorial Hospital.
1. Dean Harrison is CEO of Northwestern Memorial HealthCare, the parent corporation of Northwestern Memorial Hospital.
2. Peter McCanna is the CFO of Northwestern Memorial Hospital and Northwestern Memorial HealthCare.
3. The hospital has 854 beds.
4. Northwestern Memorial Hospital has more than 7,000 employees and more than 1,600 affiliated physicians.
5. The hospital recorded $4.2 billion in gross charges and a net income of $64.2 million in 2011, as reported by the American Hospital Directory.
6. Northwestern Memorial Hospital discharged 47,552 patients in 2011. The hospital performed 17,900 inpatient and 29,800 outpatient surgeries as well as 11,500 births. Northwestern Memorial Hospital had 254,700 outpatient visits last year.
7. U.S. News & World Report ranked Northwestern Memorial Hospital the number one hospital in the Chicago metro area.
8. Passavant Memorial Hospital and Wesley Memorial Hospital, both in Chicago, consolidated on Sept. 1, 1972, to create Northwestern Memorial Hospital.
9. Northwestern Memorial Hospital first achieved Magnet status in 2006 and continues to hold Magnet status, the gold standard for nursing excellence and quality of care.
10. Northwestern Memorial Hospital has made Working Mother magazine's list of 100 best companies for working mothers for 12 consecutive years.
If you have additional information you'd like included on the hospital featured above, or would like to recommend a hospital to be profiled in the future, please contact Lindsey Dunn, editor in chief, Becker's Hospital Review at email@example.com.
Correction: A previous version of this article incorrectly listed Northwestern Memorial Hospital's CEO as Dan Harrison. Dean Harrison is the CEO of the hospital. We apologize for the error.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Carle Foundation Hospital
10 Things to Know About The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
10 Things to Know about University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.