10 Things to Know About Newton-Wellesley Hospital
Here are 10 things to know about Newton-Wellesley Hospital:
1. Patrick F. Jordan III is the interim president of Newton-Wellesley Hospital. Michael Jellinek, MD, stepped down as president earlier this year.
2. Leslie G. Selbovitz, MD, is the CMO of Newton-Wellesley Hospital.
3. Newton-Wellesley Hospital has 313 available beds.
4. The Hospital has about 2,100 employees.
5. In 2011, Newton-Wellesley Hospital recorded $1.1 billion in gross charges and a net income of $19 million, according to American Hospital Directory.
6. In 2011, the hospital performed 4,390 inpatient surgeries, 11,241 outpatient surgeries, 3,968 births and 59,354 emergency visits.
7. In 2012, Newton-Wellesley Hospital was ranked 16th in Massachusetts by U.S. News & World Report.
8. Newton-Wellesley Hospital has its origins in The Newton Cottage Hospital opened in 1886. The hospital adopted the name Newton-Wellesley Hospital in 1945.
9. Newton-Wellesley Hospital was named one of the 2012 best places to work by the Boston Business Journal.
10. Newton-Wellesley Hospital was named one of the 2012 leaders in LGBT healthcare equality by the Human Rights Campaign
If you have additional information you'd like included on the hospital featured above, or would like to recommend a hospital to be profiled in the future, please contact Lindsey Dunn, editor in chief, Becker's Hospital Review at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Swedish Medical Center
10 Things to Know About Tallahassee Memorial Hospital
10 Things to Know About University of Kansas Hospital
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.