10 Things to Know About New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Here are 10 things to know about New Hanover Regional Medical Center, according to its website.
1. Jack Barto serves as CEO of the hospital. He has more than 25 years of healthcare administration experience.
2. Ed Ollie serves as CFO.
3. New Hanover Regional has 514 acute-care, 60 rehabilitation and 62 behavioral health beds.
4. The hospital has 4,400 employees, 565 physicians and 800 active volunteers.
5. Total revenue at New Hanover Regional reached $1.6 billion last year, according to Medicare cost reports analyzed by the American Hospital Directory. The hospital posted a net income of $33.8 million for a 2.1 percent profit margin.
6. According to most recent statistics, the hospital had 4,009 births; 78,360 emergency room visits; 7,642 inpatient surgeries; 14,035 outpatient surgeries; and 76,543 clinic visits in 2008.
7. In 2012, the hospital received a Patient Safety Excellence Award and an Outstanding Patient Experience Award from HealthGrades.
8. New Hanover Regional opened in 1967. The first patients were prematurely born infants, and they arrived in a caravan of ambulances.
9. In 2011, New Hanover Regional's Heart Center received a Gold performance Achievement Award from the American College of Cardiology Foundation's Action Registry, which recognizes success in implementing higher standards for care of heart attack patients.
10. In its most successful employee campaign, New Hanover Regional Medical Center employees demonstrated a commitment to caring by donating a total of $126,604 from their paychecks to support special projects in the hospital that benefit patients and employees in need.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's Hospital Review
CEO Roundtable + CFO/CIO Roundtable: FEATURING Toby M. Cosgrove and John D. Doyle