10 Things to Know About Munson Medical Center
Here are 10 things to know about Munson Medical Center, according to its website.
1. Edwin Ness serves as president and CEO of Munson Medical Center. He has been at the helm of the medical center, as well as Munson Healthcare, since 2004.
2. Mark Hepler is Munson Medical Center's CFO. He has been with the Munson Healthcare system for more than 27 years.
3. Munson Medical Center, the largest hospital within Munson Healthcare, has 391 beds. It also is the only Level II Trauma Center north of Grand Rapids, Mich.
4. More than 400 physicians across 50 specialties work at Munson Medical Center. In total, the hospital employs more than 3,700 people and has roughly 460 volunteers.
5. According to the American Hospital Directory, total revenue at Munson Medical Center topped $1 billion last year. The hospital recorded $46.2 million in net income for a 4.4 percent profit margin.
6. Annually, Munson Medical Center sees roughly 23,700 inpatients and more than 47,000 emergency department visits. In the most recent year data were available, Munson Medical Center physicians performed more than 8,100 inpatient surgeries and more than 6,600 outpatient surgeries.
7. Munson Medical Center's accolades span far and wide, as it has been named a 100 Top Hospital by Thomson Reuters 14 times. Thomson Reuters has also ranked it as a 100 Top Cardiovascular Hospital.
8. Munson Medical Center's history goes back as far as 1915, when James Decker Munson, MD, donated a boarding house to be used as a community hospital. It was northern Michigan's first general hospital.
9. Dr. Munson, the hospital's namesake, was a well-known humanitarian, medical scientist and horticulturalist. He graduated from the University of Michigan School of Medicine in 1873 — at the ripe, young age of 25.
10. Munson Medical Center serves as a teaching hospital for the Michigan State University College of Human Medicine.
If you have additional information you'd like included on the hospital featured above or would like to recommend a hospital to be profiled in the future, please contact Lindsey Dunn, editor in chief, Becker's Hospital Review at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.