10 Things to Know About Mercy Medical Center–North Iowa
Here are 10 things to know about Mercy Medical Center–North Iowa.
1. The CEO of Mercy Medical Center–North Iowa is Dan Varnum.
2. Diane Fischels serves as the COO.
3. The hospital has 350 beds.
4. Mercy Medical Center–North Iowa has 2,050 employees.
5. The hospital recorded $647.5 million in gross revenue and a net income of $28.5 million in 2010, as reported by the American Hospital Directory.
6. Mercy Medical Center–North Iowa discharged a total of 12,885 patients in 2011. The hospital performed 4,000 inpatient and 7,600 outpatient surgeries last year. Additionally, the hospital had 222,000 outpatient visits last year.
7. In 2012, Mercy Medical Center–North Iowa was named as one of the top 100 hospitals in the nation by Thomson Reuters.
8. The hospital opened in 1909 as Park Hospital.
9. The hospital has received the American Stroke Association's Silver Performance Achievement award.
10. Mercy Medical Center–North Iowa's Heart Center has performed more than 5,200 open-heart surgeries since it opened in 1989.
If you have additional information you'd like included on the hospital featured above, or would like to recommend a hospital to be profiled in the future, please contact Lindsey Dunn, editor in chief, Becker's Hospital Review at email@example.com.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.