10 Things to Know About Mercy Gilbert Medical Center
Here are 10 things to know about Mercy Gilbert Medical Center, according to its website.
1. Tim Bricker is the president and CEO of Mercy Gilbert Medical Center. He also doubles as president and CEO of Chandler (Ariz.) Regional Medical Center, which is also part of San Francisco-based Dignity Health.
2. Mark Kem serves as vice president and CFO of Dignity Health's East Valley market in Arizona, which encompasses Mercy Gilbert Medical Center.
3. Mercy Gilbert Medical Center has 212 beds, making it the largest hospital in Gilbert. In 2009, the hospital opened an expansion project that added two operating rooms and 24 total beds.
4. The hospital has roughly 1,330 employees with more than 750 active physicians.
5. Total revenue surpassed $1.03 billion last year at Mercy Gilbert Medical Center, according to the American Hospital Directory. The hospital's net income was $18.9 million, resulting in a 1.8 percent profit margin.
6. In 2011, Mercy Gilbert Medical Center had an estimated 4,000 inpatient surgeries, 4,100 outpatient surgeries and more than 11,000 admitted emergency room visits.
7. The hospital has won several awards over the past few years, including the Outstanding Patient Experience Award from HealthGrades. It has also been ranked by Arizona Business Magazine as the number one small acute-care hospital in 2007, 2008 and 2009 and the number one medium acute-care hospital in 2010.
8. Mercy Gilbert Medical Center opened in June 2006, becoming one of Dignity Health's four hospitals in Arizona. It was Gilbert's first-ever hospital.
9. The Baptist Health Trust, based in Tennessee, ranked Mercy Gilbert Medical Center as the top "Healing Hospital" in the nation. "Healing Hospitals" are hospitals designated as those that focus on caring for caregivers who consequently provide top care to patients.
10. Mercy Gilbert Medical Center was ranked as the 14th most beautiful hospital in the country, according to Soliant's 2012 list.
If you have additional information you'd like included on the hospital featured above or would like to recommend a hospital to be profiled in the future, please contact Lindsey Dunn, editor in chief, Becker's Hospital Review at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.