10 Things to Know about McKay-Dee Hospital Center
Here are 10 things to know about McKay-Dee Hospital Center.
1. Timothy Pehrson serves as CEO of McKay-Dee Hospital Center.
2. Doug Smith serves as CFO of the hospital.
3. The hospital has 176 general medical and surgical beds and 76 special care beds.
4. Approximately 2,000 employees work at McKay-Dee Hospital.
5. According to the most recent financials posted in the American Hospital Directory, McKay-Dee Hospital recorded total revenue of more than $764 million in 2011. Net income totaled more than $38 million for a 5.1 percent profit margin.
6. According to the American Hospital Directory, the hospital had 7,400 inpatient surgeries; 11,600 outpatient surgeries; 3,200 births and 95,600 outpatient visits in 2011.
7. McKay-Dee Hospital was named a 100 Top Hospital by Thomson Reuters in 2012.
8. McKay-Dee Hospital's origins began in 1910 when it opened as Thomas D. Dee Memorial Hospital. The hospital was later renamed McKay-Dee Hospital.
9. In 2012, the hospital received a Patient Safety Excellence Award, a General Surgery Excellence Award, a Joint Replacement Excellence Award, a Maternity Care Excellence Award and an Outstanding Patient Experience Award from HealthGrades.
10. McKay-Dee Hospital is participating in an international heart valve clinical trial to test whether the valve can provide an improvement to the quality of life for heart value recipients.
If you have additional information you'd like included on the hospital featured above, or would like to recommend a hospital to be profiled in the future, please contact Lindsey Dunn, editor in chief, Becker's Hospital Review email@example.com.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Allegheny General Hospital
10 Things to Know About Cooper University Hospital
10 Things to Know About O'Connor Hospital
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.